Honors Language Arts 09 B
Literature study in semester B focuses on the analysis of different forms of literature and on comparative studies of world literature and literature delivered in different media.
Semester B – Like semester A, semester B of English 9 Honors consists of integrated units focused on a theme or mode of study. Literature study in semester B focuses on the analysis of different forms of literature and on comparative studies of world literature and literature delivered in different media. As in Semester A, Honors assignments in this semester require students to take a more analytical or active approach to many of the assignments and activities in the course. Honors students will write more often and more deeply about topics and also reflect more critically on the processes they use to read and write. Writing and informational text lessons guide students through the stages of research and demonstrate how to evaluate, integrate, and share the information gathered during research. Students are required to share their ideas and analysis using several different modes, including oral and multimedia presentations.
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee: ISBN-10: 0060935464; ISBN-13: 978-0060935467
- The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway: ISBN-10: 0684801221; ISBN-13: 978-0684801223
- House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros: ISBN-10: 9780679734772; ISBN-13: 978-0679734772
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury: ISBN-10: 9781451673319; ISBN-13: 978-1451673319
- The Odyssey by Homer – Project Gutenberg
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card ISBN-10: 0812550706; ISBN-13: 978-0812550702
- Speak of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck: ISBN-10: 0140177396; ISBN-13: 978-0140177398