Basic Web Design
In this course, students will learn how to design a beautiful and functional website.
In this course, students will learn how to design a beautiful and functional website. Students will learn how to take their design and translate it into a live website using Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) programing languages. HTML5 and CSS3 will be the standard versions used in the class. Students will understand design components of websites, including the use of color, layout and when to use different techniques, typography rules, and the importance of imagery. At the conclusion of the course, students will present a website to the class. Upon completion of this course, each student will have hands-on experience creating a fully functioning website. Students do not need to have a previous technical background with HTML or CSS prior to taking this course.
- HTML Text Editor (choose one):
- TextEdit – For use on Mac – comes with OS
- Notepad – For use on Windows – comes with OS
- Text – For use on Chromebook – free app download from the Google Store
- image editing software (choose one):
- Pixlr – https://pixlr.com/editor/ (in-browser)
- GIMP – http://www.gimp.org/downloads/ (downloadable program)
- webhosting and basic in-browser FTP:
- Neocities – https://www.neocities.org